About Us – So Why Kimmys Zoo?
I started Kimmys Zoo in 2011 after 7 years of studying Animal Management and Zoology and having 10 years of working in various sectors in the animal industry. I started the business from a pure passion for caring and learning about animals. The zoo started doing little visits to care homes and with special needs groups. The animals are non-judgmental and have helped me growing up so i wanted to allow people the opportunity to feel the comfort they bring too. I also wanted to educate people on how difficult and expensive animals are to care for and what might be a good pet for them to keep using my knowledge of various domestic pets to prevent further cruelty and neglect in the years to come. We are animals too and all animals deserve the same respect and we have changed alot of peoples perceptions of animals especially snakes and bugs. There is nothing more satisfying when an adult especially changes from a negative to curious view in a matter of seconds making them appreciate the wonders of the animal world like we do. We make a huge difference with our animal encounters and hope to keep doing so in years to come.
- Ever growing reputation for our friendly, fun and educational animal encounters
- Friendly bunch of pets kept in the highest welfare standards (see pictures down the page)
- Able to tailor encounters for all ages and abilities
- The only mobile petting zoo in Suffolk that offers a variety of packages
- CRB Checked, Fully licensed and £10 Million public liability insurance
- 10 years experience working in the animal field
- 4 years experience as a support worker for special needs
- Skills: BSc Zoology, FdSc Animal Management, basic makaton, child protection and safeguarding training
What Customers Say
Dear Kimmy, thank you for helping to make her birthday party everything that we dreamed it could be. Your presentation was fantastic, the animals were in peak condition and were handled so well, we thoroughly enjoyed your visit I had no concerns at any time for the children’s safety.You were extremely professional in presentation and so patient with the large group of children. We look forward to booking you again next year!
Kimmy thank you so much for such a fun time today, the girls were well and truly tired out after all the excitement… and I wanted to keep Fifi!! A wonderful birthday for her, Thanks Again!
Kimmy I can’t thank you enough for my daughter’s wonderful party yesterday. She had the most amazing time and loved her cuddles with the animals, in particular Fifi the skunk. Your animals were not only a huge hit with the children but also with the adults too!